Thursday, December 17, 2009

Occupational Therapy for the Colbyman


Colby has been going to Occupational therapy every other week for the past few months. I thought I would give a little update on how he is doing. As you can see in the pictures there are a lot of fun things to do. His therapist, Aimee has him crawl over those big pillow looking things to strengthen his core and arms. The activity in the picture is one of Colby's favorite things to do. He builds up the big blocks and then slides into them to knock them down. Other activities include swimming in the ball pit to find a lost toy or scooting in the body scooter to strengthen his arms. To work on fine motor skills Aimee takes a big gob of 'theripuddy' (it's like silly puddy) and hides coins and buttons in it then she has Colby find them in the puddy. It strengthens his fingers. Colby loves the hour of play and gets a really good workout too. At home we try and work on the same things. Brie has been a big help in getting Colby to run and jump to be as active as she is. Colby loves to write his letters and is getting better at holding a crayon or marker. We have found that if the writing instrument is short and fat that he has more success in holding it. He is improving in so many ways and is more tolerant of his surroundings. He is enjoying preschool and is learning to play with others and follow directions in the classroom. We are proud of Colby and glad that he is progressing so well.

2 comments:

Paula said...

This looks like a fun place to go with lots of fun activities. Where do I sign up? Do Colby and Aimee have a good relationship? I'll bet he sleeps good after that workout! Laur and I were just commenting last night that we have noticed something positive, socially maybe, since he started school and therapy. Way to go, Colbyman!!! We love you.

Fischer Family said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. Glad to hear he is doing well with Occupational Therapy and Preschool.